Suggested Equipment List
for Natures Classroom
- 1 sleeping bag or bedroll (or sheets and blanket)
- 1 pillow and pillowcase
- 4 pairs of pants (jeans) or even better-Snow Pants
- 3 heavy shirts or sweatshirts
- 1 light shirt
- pajamas/robe (clothes to sleep in)
- 1 pair of slippers
- 5 changes of underwear
- 1 warm jacket
- 1 hat (one that covers ears)
- 6 pairs of heavy socks
- 1 pair of comfortable sneakers (old)
- 1 pair of sturdy, well broken-in boots (waterproof)
- 1 raincoat or poncho-a must!
- 1 bathroom kit: include-soap, shampoo, toothpaste and brush, comb, hairbrush, plastic drinking cup (perhaps hand soap)
- towels and washcloths
- laundry bag or extra pillow case
- pre-addressed stamped envelopes, paper, pens, etc. for writing home
- 4-6 small plastic bags to wear between shoes and socks to keep feet dry
- plastic bags to put muddy boots/sneakers in.
Please Do Not Send:
- Hatchets, knives, radios, walkmans, candy, gum, or any food
- Please do not buy new clothes for your child to wear to Natures Classroom. Send old clothes (for example, clothes
which your child can no longer use for school) that you dont mind your child getting dirty during outdoor activities.
- Please make sure that every personal item (shoes, clothes, cameras, etc.) is clearly labeled with your childs name.
- If possible, please pack your childs clothing and equipment in a duffel bag. (Avoid using hiking backpacks with metal
- Sleeping bags should be covered with a plastic garbage bag. (Securely fastened)
- Please do not tie boots or sneakers to baggage.
- Please claim lost items of monetary or personal value as soon as possible after your childs visit.
Special note: This list may vary from the list provided by Nature's Classroom. This list was customized due to the
winter weather conditions often experienced at Silver Bay in late March.